- old story: a story that has been passed down for generations, especially one that is presented as history but is unlikely to be true
- old stories: a group of stories presented as history but unlikely to be true
1.ancient story: a traditional story about heroes or supernatural beings, often attempting to explain
the origins of natural phenomena or aspects of human behavior
Creative fiction authors often use actual places and people in their stories. They basically are weaving their tales into a historical backdrop. I think that this same technique has been used by the authors of the bible as well. They have woven fictional tales into history and many people today have been led to believe that those stories were absolutely true when in fact they are nothing more than old legends. The bible is full of tales that have been handed down from generation to generation as historical fact
Historical events of the past
- what has happened: the past events of a period in time or in the life or development of a people, an institution, or a place
- study of past events: the branch of knowledge that records and analyzes past events
- record of events: a chronological account of past events of a period or in the life or development of a people, an institution, or a place
Many things in the bible such as the resurrection, the existence of Christ, Noah's ark,etc. cannot be confirmed utilizing the conventional methods of history. I have read many books on the historicity of Christ and have found that outside of the gospels the evidence for Christ is sketchy and scarce. There is actually no evidence of the existence of Christ available when he supposedly lived outside of the scriptures.
Miracles in the bible cannot be confirmed mainly because they supposedly occurred in the past and because they only happened on one occasion. Finally, the bible has been proven on numerous occasions to be scientifically and historically unreliable.
Actual history writers of the period did not bother writing about the amazing events narrated in the bible and I think that this fact alone serves as evidence that the entire book is a book based on legends and myths of a particular culture and race of people. It is my opinion that the bible should be filed in libraries and book stores all over the world in the section labeled myth. It is time that people outgrow these insane and utterly irrational beliefs.
Note: All word definitions are taken from the online Bing dictionary.