Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The Great Divine Dictator

' See now that I, I am he, and beside me there is no other god. It is I who deal death and life; when I have struck, it is I who heal (no one can rescue anyone from me).'

These are the words attributed to the Hebrew God of the Old Testament, specifically in the book of Deuteronomy 32: 39. These are not the words that you would expect to hear coming from the mouth of loving and compassionate deity. Christians love to compare their God to that of a father figure who cares and loves his creation. Upon close analyses of these words they come off more as a warning and a threat, thereby solidifying my beliefs that this god is no better than any of the worlds worst dictators.

For those of you who want to see what an evil deity looks like I invite you to read Deuteronomy 32: 39 in its entirety. It's vindictive and full of hate and blood demanded by God of all those that oppose him, or as he refers to them; his enemies.

Christians might argue that this is God in the O.T. under the dispensation of the law but now through the sacrifice of Christ we are living in a different era, a different dispensation; the dispensation of grace. But in my opinion the highest threat that you can use against another man is that of taking his life; the threat of death. But this bloodthirsty fiend known as Jehovah is not happy with death, he has to punish you even after death with the threat of eternal torment in hell. This is made abundantly clear in the book of Matthew 10:28 through the second person of the trinity Jesus the Christ himself: 'Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; fear him rather who can destroy both body and soul in hell.' Obviously, the only one who can do this is the biblical monster known as God.

Many of your more modern and conservative Christians try to smooth this over by stating that the bible does not teach that hell is a literal place etc. But as you can see there are texts in the N.T. that do refer to hell as a literal place that awaits those of us who refuse to bow down and submit to the demands of the celestial Hitler. The book of Revelation 20:13,14 speaks of the final judgement in which hell and death will give up their dead and all will be judged according to their works. In the end hell and death would be cast into the lake of fire. Of course it is obviously allegorical because it speaks of hell and death as if they were actual people (anthropomorphism). But then again this is just one of the many inconsistencies with the bible.

The bible and its texts is a mixture of ancient plagiarized myths that include greatly exaggerated accounts of historical facts that through this process convert history into fiction. This is why it is so difficult for those who take the bible seriously to interpret its teachings. This is also why it is so easy to pick apart and reveal its many inconsistencies.

Despite these facts the bible does a very good job on its own of revealing the true nature of this fictional deity and his cruelty. If any gods existed or even this God of the bible existed he is definitely not worthy of thanks, praise, nor worship. On the contrary he is worthy of disdain, disgust, and outright rejection. The bible itself demonstrates that there is nothing good about God, I personally have known people with more love and compassion for their fellow man than God could ever have and I include myself with those people.

Note: As always all biblical citations are from the New Jerusalem Bible translation of the scriptures.



 


2 comments:

  1. I dont think it's even been a year since I left my religious beliefs. One thing I am confident of and state in no uncertain terms, is even if this god were real I would spit in his face and refuse to worship him. his actions in that horrid book show him to be a bloodthirsty malevolent, sick, disgusting tyrant! I have the utmost contempt and loathing for that worthless book of hate filled propaganda! I can't believe I ever worshiped and loved that monster. I guess I am just venting. Your blogs are wonderful and it is so fun to see you put delusional bible thumpers in their place. High five and may good things always come your way. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Tiffany regarding the bible and the tyrant depicted in it. I too feel that even if I found out that God was real I would not worship him. I would curse him before I bow down to such a self absorbed maniac.

      Delete