Friday, July 29, 2011

On fundamentalist threats

Recently I received a message from an anonymous commenter who basically attacked me for expressing my beliefs or opinions regarding theism. This person then went on and threatened me with their imaginary deity and how he would "deal with me after I'm dead."

Nothing irks me more than Christians threatening me with their fairy tale god and the imaginary consequences I will suffer for simply questioning the veracity of their beliefs. This demonstrates clearly as I have implied many times that Christianity is a religion that is based mostly on fear rather than love. Their god is not a benevolent loving father as they try to portray him, he is a cruel maniacal dictator that stands in the same category as Hitler, Stalin, or Mao.

Christians call themselves "servants" of the Lord, they must surrender their will to their god;"not my will but thy will be done." When it comes to the free will argument the only free will you have as a believer is to become a servant or suffer the consequences for your refusal for all eternity. Just like their god Christians are hypocrites and underneath that superficial layer of love lies a deep dark hatred and resentment for all those that oppose their views. The bloody history of the church itself attests to this.

When will you theists get it? Your threats about eternal torment are mute and inconsequential when they are directed at atheists. It's like threatening Superman with a machine gun; those bullets can't harm him they just bounce off. We, and I speak for all atheists on this one don't believe in your bible or its so called divine inspiration. We don't accept the fairy tales you choose to call truths as facts, when they are nothing more than fictions and myths. In fact, Christianity like all other religions that have preceded it are rooted in ancient myths and beliefs.

One of the things that pushed me further away from church and God was the idle threats. As soon as you stopped going to church and ran into others from the congregation in the streets that was the first thing you would hear. They would remind you how having known God you were held accountable for your rebellion and your punishment would be that much worst. On the one hand you preach how God is loving and merciful and in the same hand you preach how he will punish all those that refuse him. That's just one of the many contradictions in your theology.

For future reference if you want to comment on my blog and all you do is throw idle threats at me, do me the favor and keep them to yourselves. I know them all probably a lot better than most of you know them. I have read the bible 4 times in its entirety which is more than I can say for most Christians.

9 comments:

  1. new rulership for our LYING SCOFFING BOURGEOIS ATHEIST PIGLETS


    australasianskeptics.info/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=734

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like what someone once said about I'm equally as afraid of going to hell as I am of being killed by the boogeyman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have religious paranoia, fucking traumatized since i was a child. I lost my sanity because of this shit!!!. and if all the wars and attacks were influenced by some sort of shit god. !!! motherfuckers wake up!!!!! this is bull shit reality and logic are complicated enough as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think god should be to blame for making us less than perfect. and then we get judged for his fucking mistakes.!!! are you fucking selfish or what? .

    ReplyDelete
  5. can we get some fucking hope every now and then. a sign?. nothing, it's all just nothing. you're talking to your fucking self and you fucking know it.!!!!! my entire life i tried my best to please god, but i was always miserable. now more than fucking ever!!!!. then i see the fucking scammer pastor fat fuck with his crocodile shoes laughing his ass off while in control.. making money off this myth and having the best time in life. that is when i snapped. why is he so happy while scamming god.! and here i am miserable and paranoid about a little sex or masturbation.! what the FUCK!!! i'm so gonna run up in that church and cause motherfucking chaos one of these fucking days.!!!!! because i'm fed up with this shit!!!!!! . they control the weak and the desperate while sitting in control like some fucking pharaos. goodness when that dasy comes when i fucking snap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. btw im the same person in the last three messges. one more thing, if you want to help another human being, do it because you want to, because just like you, another can hunger and thirst, feed them because you want to help and mean it. not because you want a spot in heaven... believe if you can't love other or you are selfish it's okay. you can learn to love others by putting yourself in the place..if you see a hungry man or sick, put yourself in his place and say, wow. if i were him, i would wish for someone to just feed me something i'm so hungry i'm about to faint. then be that person you wish for to help you. and if there is some sort of god outthere who records shit which i highly doubt. fuck it. don't do it for him, do it from your good side and if he is this god who cares about helping others,. he would have no fucking reason to let you burn. because i wouldn't fucking let him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're preaching to the Choir anon. If the Christian god really existed when I went before him I would kick him in the balls if he had any and spit in his face. I will never bow before a dictator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am more afraid of suffering from erectile dysfunction when I get older than I am from going to hell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm more afraid of being eaten by the Ooga Booga monster.

    ReplyDelete